2018 Big News!

La Limye is expanding! After receiving 3 sweet girls with special needs into the children’s home and realizing that no school in our city will accept them because of their disability, the dream became a vision and a learning center and therapy center for children with mental and physical disabilities is underway!!! Construction will start in February and it’ll take about three months to finish! I am at awe of my good good Father and although nerves are setting in at the thought of the details needed to make this happen, I’m excited to see these children get the education, nurture, and love they deserve. I am starting to realize where my fear and stress comes from though. It is because I think and feel that I am doing this by myself. I forget who stands with me and before me and behind me. Jesus said to Philip, “where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?’ But this he said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do.” (John6:5-6) “Send the multitudes away, that they may go into the villages and buy themselves food.” Said the disciples (Matthew 14:15) I’ve been there. It seems too stressful. Too much to carry and try to figure out. Too many people and not enough resources. And although I’ve watched God do miracle after miracle in this country, I still doubt. And although the disciples saw Jesus heal leprosy, calm the seas, change water into wine, and raise a girl from the dead….they still forgot who was standing next to them. They forgot to go to Him for the answer. For the miracle. Lucado writes “They acted as if Jesus weren’t even present. Rather than count on Christ, they had the audacity to tell the Creator of the world that nothing could be done because there wasn’t enough money.” So here we go. I’m starting with Jesus. “Start with his wealth, his resources, and his strength. Before you open the ledger, open your heart. Before you count the coins or count heads, count the number of times Jesus has helped you face the impossible.” -Max Lucado So join with me so Noviette and Ketchina and all other children like them can go to school!!! For donation go to www.lalimye.com and write “school” in the donation box and please join us in prayer as this develops from a dream to a vision to reality. The community is beyond excited and I can’t wait for you to be involved in this project. God is a miracle maker and He loves his children!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today