I am "that mom"

"That mom" I had my first experience of being "that mom." You know the one that is trying to do 100 things in the morning. The one who is trying to get Noldines uniform on only to find out her shoes don't fit with socks. The mama who realizes I only have purple brets for her hair (hair that I don't even know how to braid yet) and she desperately needs blue brets to match her uniform. That mom that sends my child to school with a lunchbox full of scammbled eggs because there's nothing left in the pantry. The mom who wakes up early to get ready herself only to have that plan destroyed when the baby decides to wake up with a fever. The mom who, admist the stress and the chaos and the wild, arrives at school at 7:03 and feels like they have accomplished the greatest tackle in the world. The mom who selflessly will wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.
I am a mom. I didn't become a mom the most normal way, but I am still a mom. And being a mom isn't easy. Learning the ropes is hard work. But I have never felt happier. Even if the kitchen is a mess, and the dirty clothes pile up, and you know 1 out of 6 is always sick....even when the days are long and tiresome, all I have to do is take one look at them and they light up my whole life. They make it all worth it. I tried learning how to parent with the "self help" books but got rid of them quickly since none of my kids are on the "right track." My 25 month old weighs 16 pounds and my 3 month old weighs 8. My 6 month old is not anywhere near learning how to roll over and death almost took my 9 month old. But who judges the rate they go? I see so much competition in parents. Trying to make it look like we have it all together. Like parenting is a piece of cake. But in all honestly, we are tired. Don't feel like you have to have that "perfect" family. Don't feel like your kids aren't smart enough as the neighbors. The work you are doing as being their mama is the most important job to them in the world. They depend on you. They trust on you. Deep down, they love you. And please know that you ARE doing a wonderful job.
So this is for all the mama's who are trying to "get it together." Stop trying. Being a parent is hard, but you are accomplishing it. If the road was smooth sailing, you wouldn't be a mom. So take heart. You are worth more than gold. The love you show to your kids goes further than a perfectly clean playroom. So if you come to my house, I'll no longer apologize for the mess. Because inside the mess is beauty. Inside the chaos, there is love.  And that is all that matters. I like being "that mom." It is the greatest privledge in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today