It is real

I awaken to the wails of a dog being murdered...and the voodoo drums begin to get louder and louder. They raise the spirits, they sacrifice, and they dance. They dance forhim. They dance for the devil himself and at 2am I am awake and listening and there is no escaping.

I do not get to change the channel or look the other way. I can not ignore it or pretend like it is not real. But I try to and I repent.

But no,  I should not ignore it because I know it is real.
The murders are real
The hunger is real
The devil is real
The cries are real
The prostitution, and disease, and all my precious brown eyed babies over here are real. It is all real.

There is no escaping the reality. So what is the conclusion?
Deal with it by acting upon it.

We are going to have to deal with it when Jesus askes us if we are a sheep or goat. If we fed His people or not.

So let us start now... Me and you together.
Do not have contractors install better windows so you can tune out all the noise.

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:18-20

" Though all of Jesus' commands should be taken seriously, the setting of this command adds some additional weight. Jesus rose from the dead, gathered His followers, and explained that ALL authority on heaven and earth has been given to Him!! Can you imagine a more dramatic setting?
Ignoring the one command that the newly resurrected King of the universe delivered to you certainly could qualify as the stupidest thing you could do in your lifetime. So what is the command? Make Disciples. " -Francis Chan

The voodoo priest/witchdoctor in my village drive a beautiful black H-3 Hummer.
Christ-followers, we HAVE to set up our game. He is looking WAY too appealing to the crowds.

I feel myself falling lukewarm. The devil fights hard. My God can and will fight harder but we must keep the door open. Keep our eyes open. We must pray, act, and deal with the issues. No more ignoring them.

Make disciples. Make disciples. Make disciples!


"No prayer is too hard for Him to answer, no need too great for Him to supply, no passion too strong for Him to subdue, no temptation too powerful for Him to deliver from, no misery too deep for Him to relieve."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today