God Listens



 Yesterday evening our little puppy got out and ran to the neighbors yard. Our neighbor is a voodoo priest and no one is allowed to go into his garden behind his house except him because that’s where spirits come and sacrifices are made. Even the people that were in his home weren’t aloud to go into the garden and he wasn’t home for us to ask permission. So we waited and waited for the puppy to find it’s way back home but it was already getting dark and the dog was somewhere in the giant field of plantains that were off limits to everyone except the witch doctor. It wasn’t fear that kept my security guards  from going into his garden to look for the dog, it was respect for our neighbor and his property. 

I told the girls to pray and if God wanted the dog to come back and live with us, we’d find her. The girls prayed and ask God to lead the dog back to our home and then we all went to sleep. The next morning, the little puppy was found, brought back to us, and the girls with their child like faith were screaming with excitement! 

God heard their prayers. God answered their prayers. And now they are saying thank you. 

Prayer is powerful and childlike faith is beautiful. My girls witnessed that this morning and I hope they never forget it. I hope this is just the start of them seeing the power of prayer from our  God even in the little things. 

“I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!”

Psalm 116:1-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today