School for kids. Jobs for parents

Kids in school = Parent jobs I heard a knock at the gate. It was Lovemica and her mama. They had returned to my house to ask once more if I would take the rambunctious two-year-old. She sat back down at my table and I talked with the mom. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she explained to me that she had nothing. Nothing at all. And she was the only one her daughter had. Nobody else was around to help. And my heart broke in two. This was the third time this month someone has arrived at my gate with a child. A child they loved, and cared for, and wanted, but had no way of providing for her. I explained how much a child needs their mama. I told them that their daughter yearns for them. And if there’s any way possible of keeping the child united with family, that is the road we will take. So I drove Lovemica and her mama back to their tiny house where 10 other people slept. Lovemica showed me the floor that she slept on and showed me her closet. Which was empty. Except for the 3 outfits I had given her. So I hired the mom. She now will be washing clothes for the ministry 3 days a week. No I didn’t need to add another staff member, and no I don’t know yet how I’ll even be able to pay her, but her daughter needs food. Her daughter needs to go to school. Her daughter needs a future. I don’t know where the money will come from, but I am going to have faith that God will provide. I hate to see these mamas at the end of the road. Giving up. I will do whatever it takes to keep these kids with their mamas.
So I am trying to figure out how to start building the school. Because this is the ultimate answer. This year I will register Lovemica in a school about 15 minutes away. But, this school won’t feed her, and doesn’t have the means to provide a decent education. They also aren’t able to hire her mama for work. I want to provide jobs. In order to do that, we need to send the kids to school. This gives the parents the ability to provide for their own children which gives them an initiative and gives them pride and gives them the opportunity to get out of poverty, to make a difference, to be educated, and learn new skills, and the chance to say “I was given a chance, I was given help, and now I can feed my child.” And that’s what I want more than anything. To see these women, have the opportunity and resources to raise their children and send them to school. We have to get to the deeper core of the problem though. Education and jobs go hand and hand. We build a school, hire the parents, teach the kids, feed the kids a meal every day. The result? An end to the vicious cycle of poverty. That’s why we are building a school. Not only will the children be taught, but the parents will have jobs. “Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.” So Lovemica will not be #6 in my home. But she will be cared for and feed from a distance. And her mom had the biggest smile on her face, knowing that tonight there will be food on the table, and tomorrow is a new day. The day she will start her new job I so badly want to provide more jobs. This is what these people need. But in order to provide jobs, I have to have the money to pay them. So I ask you to prayerfully consider donating to the employees at La Limye.
They are not only taking care of this ministry and keeping the day to day operations moving steadily, but they are also being able to feed their families and not drop their kids off at orphanages. 2 of my employees have been able to open up a small business with their salary. They sell juice, cookies, and rice. YOU are making a difference in their lives. Not just for the ministry but for their home life too.
Lovemica, Melissa, and Patiana, I will find a way to sponsor you every month. I will build you and every other needy child a school. I promise to feed you every day and teach you the love of Jesus. I will find a way to give your moms and dads a way to make money. I will not forget you. I didn’t take you in because I knew what was best for you. To stay with your mama. Stay strong sweet girls. Your heavenly father loves you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Now let’s build this school. School + meals = jobs, full bellies, and happy hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today