It's the little things in life

The days in Haiti that I love. That I'll never forget. The days when 10 people come to church in earnest rather than 100 that come to play. The days when we sing and dance for Jesus and no one thinks we're crazy. The days the girls braid my hair and ask me 50 times if it hurts When I sit next to an open fire in 100 degree weather cooking with Mary. Talking about life and love, orphans and poverty. She teaches me how to cook Haitian food and helps me with my creole Language. The days I sit with malange and think up baby names for her son that's coming in October. When Edverline tells me that Jesus loves everyone and ask why. The hours I hold Smeralda knowing that her small frail body is uncared for by her mom. And all I can do is hold her tight. When the neighbors come to give me gifts of flowers and plants. I love the days when Valerie come over and we play with baby dolls and watch Veggietales. I love house visits. I'll walk through the visit and sit on the porch with the family and talk about Jesus. I love the days when grandma cooks me rice and serves me enough for 3 meals. The days we make pancakes and put chocolate chips, blueberries, syrup, and peanut butter on them I love the relationships that are being formed and the seeds that are being planted. I love that I'm gaining the respect of the village, even with the witch doctor. I do not have much to offer. I don't have much to give. But they have welcomed me with open arms. These people show me love like Jesus. They show me how to be happy in the middle of poverty. They teach me to laugh at the hardships. I have moved from my rented house into the orphanage now. I am now with these people all day everyday. And more than anything in the world, I want revival here. I want every soul, every heart to be on fire for the Lord. I want teachers and pastors to come to train the men. Women and mothers to come teach the women about beauty and image. Next week starts our English classes for teens in the morning and adults at night. We also will be showing the Jesus Film and cook dinner for the neighbors. We can't do it all. We can't help everyone. But we can look at the one in front of us and love that one. Love the one God put in our path. The ministry does not have big numbers to tell about, or big stories to share. some days all I do is sit in the corner and watch. Working with the poor takes time and effort and sometimes still nothing gets accomplished. But I am here to love like Jesus. I'm here to show say that His power is made perfect in weakness 2Corinthians12:9 and it is He who sets us free. Galatians 5:1 that he is with us and will rescue us. Jeremiah 1:19 and that no matter what, He is our strong tower. Proverbs 18:10 He is our light and our salvation. Psalm 27:1 I say all of this to ask for prayer. God is at work this very minute. He continues to provide and lead. My prayer is that hearts will be awakened to the need of the gospel down here. I pray that people will not be overwhelmed by the need but be available to help just one. I pray for the girls who will come to live with me very soon.. I pray for you. You who have supported the ministry and cheered us on every step of the way. You who encourages me and lifts me up. I pray we don't get weary in doing good. I pray for love, because nothing can be done without love. Sometimes the light is dim, sometimes it's rays are bright, but one thing I know, it's always shining. Because of Him. The creator of it all. The giver. The teacher. The one all credit goes to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today