He is able

It's like a miracle if you ask me. How can one change in an instant? How can one switch lives in a day? I go from being high-maintenance, OCD, insecure to sleeping with the rats, coaked in dust and sweat, and living off of protein bars. Shower pressure ----- drip drops Bed with a/c ------- floor with wind Cereal with milk ----- cereal with water Flushing the toilet every time ---- every 5th time Washing machine ----ditch water Trains ----- roosters Owning the road ---- holding on for dear life I arrived back in Haiti in June after a series of delays. Weather, Maintnence, luggage, lost crew. I knew that was the enemy trying to stress me, or maybe God trying to prepare me. Either way, I complained about the problems all day. Then I arrived. Back to reality. Poverty. Everywhere. 7year olds carrying their weight on their head in buckets of water, naked babies with swollen bellies playing in the dirt, Tin shacks lining the streets, dead bodies, motorcycles, pain, people, trash, guilt. Everywhere I looked. I praise God for giving me the strength to change lifestyles so quickly. To adjust and go with the flow. But there is one thing I'll never adjust to and that's leaving family. Leaving behind the loved ones and turning to the life of loneliness is the hardest part of switching lives. "Those who put their hand to the plow and look back..." Luke 9:62 I hold back the tears and try to be strong yet so yearn for the comfort and security found in family. The connection and similarities. The language and culture. "The bride will leave her mother and father and cling...." Genesis 2:24 Right now, I cling to Jesus. I cling to His promises and His provision. I cling to His security and comfort. I cling to His way that are so much higher than my ways. So easily I can go to the States and ignore the cry of the poor. I forget the urgency of the situations. I become immune to the world and its desires. But when I come back to Haiti, I am reminded all over again. These people have never had the privilege of comparing cities and countries, roosters vs trains, burgers vs rice. But there is one thing that we can share. The part of our lives that can be found in every culture during every situation. Jesus Christ And how can they hear, unless we go. How can we love unless we show My prayer is that our comforts and securities, our hope and hearts would all be the same because of the one King that we worship. " after this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." Revelation 7:9-10

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today