May Update


                                           This is Valerie. My neighbor and best friend!
            
I walked outside to where the kids were playing and found a plastic bag with a dead baby bird in it, no taller than 6 inches. They killed it with a rock and will share it for dinner. I know we eat chicken and turkey but this just turns my stomach. I gave them my left over rice to share.
A day doesn't go by where I don't hear "Ellie, I'm hungry"
"Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread" Proverbs 30:8

Building a brand new house for Doune, who will be one of La Limye's employees in the near future.
 

Cooking 17 bags of spaghetti for the village. We top it off with a ketchup/mayonaise sauce!
 
Our greenhouse/shadegarden on the left. The home for girls in the middle. The front gate entrance on the right.
 
At 375ft down, we hit lots of beautiful, God given, clean water!!! We have tanks to fill 700 gallons. Half the water will go to the community through a spout outside the security wall, and half will go to the children's home.
                                     Whoever picks up trash the fastest wins the prize!!

We received a bus for the ministry! No more walking miles to school in 100 degree weather! No more piling 8 people in our little pathfinder! And best of all no more taxi's for the mission teams!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today