Starting this Journey


Well I am in Haiti!
Been here about 5 days now and getting a little settled.
Went to the grocery store to get food. 50 dollars of food in the states was about 200 dollars here!.... needless to say I will be doing all my shopping in the markets now!
I went shopping for a mattress…. down a narrow sketchy alley passed by many rooms with crooked tin doors to be lead to rows and rows of matresses.
Got my water tank filled up on my roof on the second day by a man climbing up the side of my house. It is pretty much a steady drip but it’s better than nothing!
It is about 120 degrees in my house! Thank the Lord for fans!!
I have gotten to go to the orphanage a few times that I stayed at during my last visit to see all the children. I missed them so much!
The family I am staying with is very nice. Two toddlers live here and they are still not sure why I am in their house!
We do not have electricity here but I bought a generator so I could cook a little bit on a mini burner.
Got to see missionaries Mark and Sandra Julian! They have given me so much great advice.
School doesn’t start until October so for now I will be trying to figure this life out!

Comments

  1. Miss you already! So glad to hear from you. We are praying for you everyday! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Sweetie! I hope it cools off a little bit very soon. Call or text if you need anything. Love you so much!!! Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read your update. You have been on my mind and in my prayers. Take care of yourself! Aunt Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today