Peace in His plan

 I want to eat cheeseburgers and drink milkshakes. I want to blow dry my hair and get a manicure. I want to drive in a car alone and go actual grocery shopping. I want to go to a church that speaks my language and be around the family that I’ve known since birth. 

I do, I crave those things. 


But I also love the freedom of no expectations here. No stress if my hair is a mop and my clothes don’t match. Eating cereal with water because I can’t buy milk is ok because at least I have cereal and there is nothing else to tempt me like expensive fast food. I love waking up to roosters crowing and children playing even if it is 100 degrees inside. I love being stuck and stranded if that means there is always time to study the Word and know Him more and never the hustle and bustle that neglects that time. I love that when everyone is secluded to their homes more than not these days that means I cling to Jesus, my best friend, that much more. Because although it hurts, it makes me stronger. It makes me closer to Him. 

So yes, it’s worth it. 

Because I get to see miracles and joy overflowed and poured in the least likely of places. 


Following Jesus means he gives joy even amidst the hard because we know we aren’t alone. 


Recently I took a road that was full of crime the day before. Robberies, hijacking, shooting, setting fire to vehicles etc. I had to take it and for whatever reason God let that road be clear the morning we needed to pass. A little while later it got blocked again and the gang came out in full force shooting at innocent people in vehicles. 

It’s a risk to do life here. And He doesn’t promise a life without pain, hardships, or struggles. It’s risky more so than I ever could have imagined in 2013 when little 22 year old me was moving here. 

But Jesus gives peace. Jesus gives hope. 


“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”

Matthew 10:28


“But don’t begin until you count the cost.” 

Luke 14:28 


“If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me.” 

Luke 9:23 


If you are where He wants you to be, you’ll have peace amidst all the “why do you want to live there and do that” comments. 

If you’re growing that relationship with the God of all nations then you’ll have peace, even when life isn’t all you’d hoped it to be. 

If you’re trusting Jesus to never leave you or forsake you then he’ll stomp out anxiety and pour in peace every time you ask. 


He is good. His plan is good. Rest in His promises.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today