The Journey

   



This month marks 8 years living in Haiti

February marked 10 years of being a follower of Jesus. 


The good, the bad, and the ugly 

The blood, sweat, and tears 

The highs and the lows 

The mountain tops and the valleys 

The births and the deaths 

the thrills and the burnouts

I’ve named babies and I’ve bought caskets. 

I’ve watched the child overcome starvation and watched starvation kill the child. 

I’ve seen miracles and I’ve seen witchcraft 

I’ve seen the work of God and I’ve seen the work of the devil. 

I’ve dreamed dreams and lost visions 

I’ve had nothing and I’ve been full. 


This island has taught me to grow up faster than I thought I would through my 20s. This island life taught me how to pay taxes, drive without a GPS, and negotiate through any and every purchase. These people have taught me how to love no matter what, forgive even when it hurts, understand that not everything is right vs wrong but sometimes just different. 

They’ve taught me how to fight instead of flight. They’ve taught me that stuff doesn’t buy happiness and that the world isn’t fair and that God is the God who sees all, knows all, cares about all, loves all, and will forever be our all. 


The last 8 years from age 22 to 30 have been  crippling yet rewarding. And though I’m forever scarred with the trauma of what this life has brought me, I wouldn’t change a thing. 

Because through it all, I was walking with Jesus. No thing, no circumstance, no trauma could steal my peace in knowing Who is in control. No amount of battle wounds could knock me down hard enough to not want to get back up and keep fighting the good fight. Keep running the good race for the sake of making His name known. I fall, I fail, He picks me back up. Every time. 

He is worth it. 

Jesus, the King of Kings, the very being whom we are made in the image of, the man who gave up His life in order to save ours…He is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears. He is worth all the mountaintops of rejoicing and the valley lows of mourning. 

Following Him no strings attached will forever change you. It strengthens you and challenges you. It is the most beautiful, daring, and humbling place to spend your days. In His arms. 

Nothing is easy about following a crucified Savior. It will cost you. A lot. But if I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1000 times. 

It. Is. Worth. It. 


If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it. 

Matthew 10:39







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today