Home away from home




 
These are some of my sweet children in Haiti. Please keep them in your prayers.
I will be heading back to my home away from home in just over a week.
I am looking forward to being tackled with hugs from my little friends. Hearing my name yelled all the way down the village road. Feeding a hungry baby or giving one a bath and seeing a small smile come over that hopeless face. But with all the blessings of going back, it also comes with hardships. Little Noldine is 2 years old and can not walk or talk. We will be taking her two hours away to a good hospital all the way praying that this sweet child can get some medical help. She is neglected and always sitting in the dirt. Alone. And it is not her fault. But the older she gets, the more she will think it is. She will go off knowing she is not wanted that she is just another statistic.  Pray that we can shine a light into her families eyes. Pray that I know what to do in the situations when I am faced with this. Pray that the money comes in so I can build a home for this sweet girl.

 I am faced with death in the eyes of children.  80/1000 sweet babies will not make it to see their 5th birthday in Haiti. Too often do I look at one of these faces and say "ya that's probably one of them." Too often I am in contact with diseases and bacteria and illness' that steal the childhood out of these kids. Too often do I watch the people dance for the devil all because of uneducated fear. It is not fair. And so many times in my dark house at night as I am sitting there under that misquito net alone, do I just want to scream out it's not fair.

I know I am going back to crying my self to sleep, burdened by the poverty around me. These children are not statistics to me. I know them. I love them. And if I cry myself to sleep because they are hungry and sick and at deaths doorstep, then I know our King Jesus cries too. These are God's children. And guess who He put in charge of helping them. You and me. I think we are letting God down. I think that God spends a great deal of time crying for these kids and that pierces my heart. He chose us to help these children. As Christ followers they are our responsibility. Do not let a location determine whether a child gets to live or die.
I think the devil is ahead. He won't win, but let us not let him think that he is.




This is Noldine. She lives next door to the land where we are building.








"Sometimes I would like to ask God hy He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it."
"Well why don't you ask Him?"
"Because I am afraid He would ask me the same question."

Comments

  1. We have 2 adopted grandchildren coming from Haiti. MayJESUS CHRIST bless all that you are doing to help and uplift the people.... Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today