Do Something

I woke up this morning
Saw a world full of trouble now and I Thought, how'd we ever get so far down
How's it ever gonna turn around
So I turned my eyes to Heaven and
I thought, "God, why don't You do something?"
Well, I just couldn't bear the thought of people living in poverty
Children sold into slavery

The thought disgusted me
So, I shook my fist at Heaven and said,
"God, why don't You do something?"
He said, "I did, I created you"
If not us, then who

If not me and you right now, it's time for us to do something
If not now, then when will we see an end to all this pain
It's not enough to do nothing it's time for us to do something
I'm so tired of talking about how we are God's hands and feet

But it's easier to say than to believe like angels of apathy who tell ourselves it's alright, "somebody else will do something"
Well, I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of life with no desire I don't want a flame, I want a fire I wanna be the one who stands up and says,"I'm gonna do something"
We are the salt of the earth

We are a city on a hill 
But we're never gonna change the world by standing still 
no we won't stand still
If not us, then who if not me and you right now, it's time for us to do something if not now, then when will we see an end to all this pain it's not enough to do nothing it's time for us to do something
It's time for us to do something

- Matthew West

Comments

  1. Love you! I am looking forward to seeing how God continues to use you in Haiti. Let your light shine...that He may be praised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Ellen! You will never know how proud I am of you! Daddy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today