The voodoo man

Working in devil's territory is hard. Being a sheep in a pack of wolves is harder. But Jesus said it is worth it. My next door neighbor just turned to voodoo. I live in the middle of two villages, so he is my only neighbor. His house and my house. Side by side in the middle of banana fields. I have bible verses written on my wall, he has black flags on his. I have the beautiful sound of a keyboard, he has drums. I guess God got tired of me complaining about the 4a.m. Wake up call given by the lovely roosters, because now it's a little bell that "calls the spirits." There is no snooze button. For he rings it for hours everyday. He is dedicated. Very dedicated and it has convicted me. Because some days, sadly, I push God to the back burner. Some days "I'm too busy." And when that happens my prayer life sinks, my spiritual growth slows down, and my attitude slips up. For months now I thought I needed a friend. Someone to encourage me, someone to hold me accountable, someone to keep me focused. I think I found the friend. The witch doctor next door. Because when the candles get lit and the drums get loud all I can do is run and cling to Jesus. When the screams and wails get long and the ceremony smoke flows over my wall all I can do is run and cling to Jesus. Let me tell you about this man. He was made in the image of God. No matter how much witchcraft he does, no matter how many dark deeds for the devil.... He is still made in the image of God. And I see that. I see it in his smile. He is made in the image of God. A God who knows all. Who loves all. Who cares for all. So we must not judge him. "For he knows not what he does." Luke 23:34 We must pray... Because prayer works. I've seen it work, we just have to believe. Because he bends down and listens, I'll pray as long as I live. Psalm 116:2

Comments

  1. Sweet Ellen... sweet sweet Ellen. I am praying. You are such a beautiful vessel for Jesus. You shine so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong Ellen, you do have a higher power on your side..praise God for this reminder each morning to thank God for your blessings and children! I think I may set an alarm to remind myself of the very same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today