Creepie-Crawlies

Amy Carmichael once said: "If one is preparing to storm the bastions of heathendom, it will not do to blench at creepie-crawlies."

I'd say I have done pretty well dealing with the gigantic roaches and lizards. I think I am winning the battle with the misquitoes...I'd even give myself a pat on the back for checking all corners of my house only once every night after finding a snake in the backyard.

But I have new visitors now, and quite frankly I am not too fond of them.
RATS!

After doing my nightly checks for the boogieman, I found these little friends welcoming theirselves in. Ofcourse, I call my boyfriend because that creature has just caused my already high stress levels to elevate, and I just know Marckenzy loves to deal with my high maintance, no tolerance, Americanized I want them dead now attitude!
I also called  mama, both of whom said "do not worry about it, they will not bother you!"

After my friend with an 8inch long tail decided to climb on me while I was sleeping with one eye open, I broke down and cried. Yes I cried over something this small.

My children are sleeping with hungry bellies in makeshift shacks. They have dealt with death, and the devil and far worse things then a little sweet mouse. They have had their whole lives burnt down, and worse. But you won't see one of them giving up.

Not one cries because there has not been electricity in a week and I want to use my phone.
Not one complains that there is ALWAYS something wrong with the car or that rice and beans for the 5th meal in a row is getting quite boring....
But I do... and I repent for being so "worldly"

We spend far too much time looking at temporary things. That is exactly what Satan wants you to do: ignore reality. Ignore eternity. The devil bombards you with temporary issues.

"It is crazy how a flat tire can cause you to forget about your future inheritance, eternal security, and the grace that God is going to pour out on you for all eternity." - Lisa Chan


          Phillipians 2:14 "Do everything without complaining or grumbling.."

...

         2 Corinthians 4:17 "this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparision."

Let us look unto Him, the maker and creator of all. May we remember His promises and look forward to the reward after the race is finished.


Haiti makes me stronger. The people here have taught me more about life than any classroom ever could.

We must laugh at the little things.

I am still trying to figure out what God is teaching me with these new friends of mine....


Ya... still trying!




Comments

  1. I just found your blog by accident. What a blessing you were to me tonight. Keep up the good work. I will be praying for you.
    In Christ,
    Chris in New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today