Haiti

Haiti:
Where the sun never blinks, the clock never ticks, and the love never ends.
This is where my life will be residing for the next... who knows how long.

I will begin teaching secondary English at one of the local high schools.
I will begin helping to feed and nurture 30 beautiful children at an orphange.
And I will begin pouring my heart into young teenage girls, teaching them to put their trust in our Lord before men.
And most of all I will begin relying on my King Jesus everyday and trusting that our Lord has the perfect plan for his people and for his kingdom.

I don't have all the answers and I don't know exactly what this journey will look like but I know God will equip me for the road ahead, and I want to ask you to help me in prayer.

Luke 14:27 - Anyone who does not carry My cross and follow Me cannot be my disciple.
Vs. 33- Any of you who does not give up everything you have cannot be my disciple.

People might think I am crazy for going on this road.

Crazy for the risk of getting diseases.
crazy for taking cold showers and eating rice all the time.
crazy for getting bug bites and heat rashes.
crazy for having to shave little girls heads that have a fungus.
crazy for listening to the cries coming from the hospital every day.
crazy for trying to make friends when I barely know the language.
crazy for accepting the mother who abandoned her baby.
crazy for clothing the prostitute.
crazy for leaving my family and everything that is familiar to me.

But you see thats not whats crazy to me. Thats normal, thats living out the gospel. Crazy to me is living in a comfortable house with a comfortable job eating good food in a safe enviroment.

Jesus did not live that way though. He hung out with the lepers and the taxcollectors and the drunks. Not the wealthy the pretty and the high class.
He came into this world and got his hands dirty.
Why? for the sake of the gospel and to make his fathers name known.

I will go through trials, abandonment, persecution, illness' rumors... because the world doesn't understand. But they didn't understand Jesus either.
He was unliked, unwanted, persecuted, crucified, and beaten.
I may be surrounded by death, disease, starvation, loneliness, hardships, and battles.
But I can not ignore the cry of the world anymore.
I will give my all to help just one.
Why?
Because Jesus gave me his all.

I do not want to be comfortable anymore. I want to be shaken at the sight of a starving child. I want poverty nor riches, only my daily bread, and may that be my treasure. I want to try to obey and live out the gospel and prove to the devil himself that he has not won and will not win.

Call me crazy, it's ok thats what they called Jesus too.


Genesis 12:1 and Acts 7:3- Leave your country and your people and go to the land that I will show you
John 20:21- As the father has sent Me, I am sending you.
John 14:18- I will not leave you as orphans I will come to you.
Luke 18:22- Sell everything you have and give to the poor, then come follow me.
Luke 9:23- If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross to follow me.
Mark 16:15 - Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Matthew 8:9- I will follow you wherever you go.
Acts 9:15 - Go, this is my chosen instrument to carry my name. Vs. 16- I will show you how much you must suffer for my name.
James 1:27-  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Isaiah 6:8- Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? Here am I, send me.
Acts 26:18- I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
Matthew 28: 18-20 All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Please pray for my journey as I begin to rely fully on my Lord and put all my trust in His unfailing love. I will admit I am a little scared and unqualified and too weak, but so were the disciples.

My soul clings to you Jesus, may Your will be done.


Comments

  1. When He calls you He equips you. You will do just fine. (:
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this and your heart shows through like it is lit up. You have such a servants heart and that is why you have said yes to this call and so much that is unknown . Yes, it can be scarey , but resting in His arms is not and that is where we are in Haiti. Crazy to those who have not seen and tasted the things we have there. I know that the Lord will bless you and keep you. Ellen, you are a very exceptional young woman. I am so happy to know you . Being obedient is not always easy , but peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for you! I will be with Janie and the team coming in October. I've heard wonderful things about you & can't wait to meet you in person!
    Beverly Underhill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ministry update December 2022

The Nightmare

One Year Ago Today